Saturday, August 25, 2012

Aug 25 - Mobile, AL (sketches)

(sigh)

Today was one of those days when everything I tried to do ended up being a disappointment.  The photos were okay, the sketches were rushed (dang ants!) or I was feeling frustrated that the markers weren't blending like I wanted them to, or I tried to use people as subjects and (as usual) failed.  Also, I forgot to put on sunscreen today and got a horrible farmer's tan line just under my knees (lol)!

Or, to paraphrase: bleh!

In the interest of full disclosure I've posted the sketches here in this post rather than give them their own postings . . . they don't deserve them!  I'll try these subjects again on the flight out of New Orleans (on the 28th) and push them a little further.  I also picked up a few supplies today that I hope will enable me to work with the markers a little differently when I want to use them as a color wash (versus a solid like with the cartoons).

And, to focus on the positive, the sketch I did with the people in it shows at least my non-existent people-as-subjects skills are getting better.  I'll keep practicing.

New photos in the Mobile album--click the picture!

Fort Conde, Mobile, AL







1 comment:

  1. I think that sometimes we are our worst critic. I think the sketches are really good!

    ReplyDelete