Friday, August 31, 2012

Aug 31 - New Orleans, LA

Last night in NOLA.  I was incredibly lucky to have landed in the midst of some great people to weather the storm (TS/Hurricane Isaac) with and I couldn't have asked for a better overall experience in the city.  The place is clearly a biker's dream--flat terrain, easy-going people, everything is close by . . . and believe you me, I am convinced my exercise routine is going to require a bike when I get back home!  I was inspired to design a city-icon image based on my biking trip to the river-front just as Isaac was blowing in, and I'll work on that tonight/tomorrow.

The storm and subsequent changes to TWO flight itineraries kicked Albuquerque/Santa Fe and Los Angeles off the route list, unfortunately.  I fly out tomorrow morning and begin one of the longest travel days I'll have ever had: New Orleans > Dallas/Ft. Worth > Albuquerque > Phoenix > Los Angeles, then grab a rental car and drive up to Santa Barbara.  Long day.

No comments:

Post a Comment