Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Knoxville, TN - Butterflies at Cades Cove (illustration)

Still learning my way around these illustration markers.  They have a tendency to smear the india ink when I use them after I've sketched out the lines, so for this sketch I tried doing things a little differently.  The blocks of "wash" were applied first in a loose style, following the color and overall shapes of things I was looking at (the insects, stones, light patterns), then I used the pen to refine those blocks into a recognizable image.

This is one of my favourites from the trip so far and I can't wait to rescan this one when I get back home as this image doesn't do it justice.  It's a small pix, about 4 x 5in., and "very sale-able" I've been told . . . I'm thinking art cards, maybe?


No comments:

Post a Comment