Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Knoxville, TN - Smokey Mountains (sketch)

Just sort of kickin' around today waiting for the power on the laptop to die, messing around with markers between card games and gusts of wind from Isaac.  Went back into my older photos and did a couple of sketches from Knoxville for later work in the studio.

Despite these two sketches are clearly of trees, they'll probably end up as some abstract painting without the leafy scribble; if you ask me about the painting later I'll probably say something really profound about the symbolism of life's rapid pace in the peaceful chaos of the universe's movement, or the music of the stars and wind represented as love and solidarity. . . I don't know, whatever sounds really artistically profound that really isn't an answer at all.  Or maybe I'll just keep it simple and agree with whatever the viewer thinks it is, but really they're just trees backlit by sunlight.






No comments:

Post a Comment