Friday, August 24, 2012

Nashville, TN - city icons

As I left Nashville I thought about how I wanted to lay out the city icons and almost immediately I came to realize I wanted to lay all these out into one continuous image; I had a layout in mind before I hit the last exit out of town.  When Jose and I worked out the travel arrangements we calculated on having "passenger time" to work on stuff in the car, and I missed having that opportunity yesterday while I had to wait SEVEN HOURS to finally reach a place a stopping point for the day.

But, I got it done.  The portable scanner I'm using is throwing off the colors, making them too bright and exaggerating the imperfections in the ink layers, which I can't seem to fix in the image software I have (per my understanding).  This doesn't appear as richly colored as the real deal, which is unfortunate because THIS image I want to recolor, but the real one looks awesome.  I'll rescan all of these once I'm home again.

From left to right: Visitor's Center; Hall of Fame antenna; the new Music City Center; four buildings from The District: Tootsie's (purple), Jack's BBQ, a random filler, BB King's Restaurant and Blues Club; the original Grand Ole Opry house, the new Grand Ole Opry mega-mix; the Cumberland River; and the large art sculpture across the river I didn't get the name of.


No comments:

Post a Comment