Sunday, September 9, 2012

Roseburg, OR - Roseburg Painters (illustration)

This illustration was done as part of the plein air event during a "quick draw" session in downtown historic Roseburg.  We were given two hours to complete (and frame) a painting of any subject along a stretch of Jackson Street.  My goal here was to keep the viewer's eye moving back into the picture to suggest the long open space of a street but suggest a lot of energy and movement with very few details.

This one is my favorite of the four I did during the competition: it is exactly what I pictured it would be when I started.  The correct perspective was there, the figures were good, the lines were clean and energetic without being over-worked; it came together perfectly.

And people are loving this style!  I had about 6 people stop to comment on it while I was working during the competition, and later during the show several others told me they really loved this look.  You will definitely be seeing more of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment