Monday, September 10, 2012

Sept 9 - Portland, OR

I took the train up to Portland and have a little over 24 hrs here before I fly out to Salt Lake City.  With the time crunch I wanted to catch as much as I could, so I'm limiting myself to just photographs while I'm in the city.

Portland was made for me to photo!  It's got that funky blend of modern sleek appeal with historic charm; I knew I was in trouble when I spotted three of my favourite browsing companies (because they're certainly out of my price range) with display windows right on the main streets for me to drool on.  I'm staying in the northwest part of the city - the Pearl District they call it - and within walking distance of some of the best attractions in the city.  I was commanded to Powell's Books, which is the largest privately owned bookstore, and just did my usual wandering around with camera in hand.  I should make a tee that says "Caution: tourist" across the back.

I'm also headed to the famous Rose Garden and perhaps the Japanese and Chinese gardens as well.  The sky is again overcast, but here's hoping the morning the fog will burn off a little bit!  As usual, click the photo to view the Portland photos . . . more coming soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment