Sunday, September 9, 2012

Sept 9 - Roseburg, OR (artist favorites)

There were some amazing pieces created during the plein air event, and I wanted to share some of my favorite works before I left town and got sidetracked by other cities.  I neglected to write down titles and artists.

This first is an acrylic painting that just floored me--the artist is sketching with paint!  I saw this and thought to myself, "She's doing exactly what I want to do with the markers and pens with my rough sketch illustrations and exactly what I need to be doing with paint!"  Swaths and blocks of color and some line-work to add details where needed.  The eye and the brain fill in the rest.  LOVE IT!


A zoom of the detail.  LOVE!

Ditto the following.  The juror created a special award for this one and then bought it for himself!  Let me say that again: the COMPETITION JUDGE bought this painting . . . that's a major coup for the artist!


Detail

Despite my exuberant love of the above two paintings, the one I would have bought for myself (had I won prize money) is this pastel piece:



And then these are just some of my other favorites:

Acrylic

Pastel

Pastel


No comments:

Post a Comment