Saturday, September 15, 2012

Sept 15 – Tucson, AZ (part I)



I was able to finally shake off that fit of “woe is me” and “am I there yet” as soon as I had the travel plans out of Salt Lake taken care of.  They’d been up in the air and right up until the night of the 13th I wasn’t sure when I was leaving, how I was leaving, where I was going, etc.   Not knowing makes me cranky.  I don’t know what it is about me: I can be incredibly spontaneous but I get antsy if there isn’t some sort of Plan to follow.

And by “Plan” I mean something as easy as “Hey, there’s a cheap flight to Barbados leaving in 30 minutes, let’s go; you call the cat sitter and I’ll start the car.”  See that?  The hypothetical Plan was to start the car and go.  Happiness is a decision in my book.

Anywho, I found myself headed back to the southwest!  By a sheer stroke of good luck I have a friend who bought a car in Tucson AZ and needed to get it back to Virginia . . . and there I was, still bummed about missing the southwest because of the hurricane a few weeks ago and working on my route home from Utah. 
 
Yes, it’s true: I live a charmed life.

The only downside is that I don’t have time to really explore since I’ve got about 3 days to get from Arizona to Ohio.  I’ll have a few hours here, a few hours there . . . and a lot of photos taken from the car at 80 miles per hour.  Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment